There are so many benefits of a spa day for both your mind and body. You should never feel guilty for treating yourself to a spa treatment. Next time you need an excuse (not that you should EVER need an excuse) to take a spa day , whip out this article and share it around so that everyone knows you’re simply taking care of your health.
15 Reasons Why a Spa Day is Good For You
- – Your skin will be glowing after a delicious sugar or salt scrub. All the dead skin cells will be scrubbed away into oblivion and shiny new ones will be revealed.
- – Everything about the spa from the lighting to the treatments are designed to make you calm, chilled out and relaxed. After a spa treatment you’ll be walking on clouds. So if work, relationships, or just life in general are stressing you out, a spa day is exactly what you need.
- – You get plenty of time for quiet reflection when you’re in the spa. Sometimes we get overwhelmed by how “connected” we are in this day in age. A spa is usually a no phone, no laptop, no Wi-Fi zone so you can truly get away from the world. Which, nowadays, is a rare luxury.
- – The sauna and/or steam room is great for respiratory conditions. It helps to open your airways which can help to soothe asthma, coughs and colds. So really, you need a spa day, for your health.
- – A good massage can take away aches and pains and help with joint pain conditions like arthritis. Just make sure you let your therapist know of any pre-existing conditions before the massage. I reckon you need to take a spa day at least once a month (easier done if you’re somewhere cheap like Indonesia), for your muscles’ sake.
- – The steam in the sauna/steam rooms helps you to sweat out toxins and a massage helps your lymphatic system to flush toxins from your body. A spa day is essential for when you’ve done a little too much indulging! Post Christmas, post birthday, post weekend, WHENEVER! Get in there and detox yourself.
- – Massage stimulates blood flow hence boosts circulation. It can ever help to lower blood pressure. So if you have circulation problems then you need to get some hands on your manipulating your tissues and muscles.
- – Leg massages can help prevent varicose veins. So if you’re on your feet all day in work then you definitely need to treat yourself to a massage for your perambulating limbs.
- – A spa treatment can be a great bonding experience for friends, family and couples. Got a mother-in-law you’re not getting on with? Take her for a spa day! Me and my boyfriend love a couples’ massage experience. Need a baby shower idea? Spa day! Honestly, a spa day is usually the answer to any question.
- – A spa experience can boost body confidence as you’ll HAVE to get fairly used to being naked. Nothing like lying on a therapy table in disposable underwear to make you comfortable with your own skin. The ideas of spas used to freak me out. I didn’t like the idea of being naked or semi-naked in a non-private environment. But now, after trying tonnes of different spa treatments in spas around the world, I’m definitely more body confident.
- – Depending on the oils used in your treatment a massage or spa treatment can give you energy. Peppermint, lemon, orange and cedarwood are just a few examples of oils that are great for vitality and energy.
- – Head, feet and hand massages are known to have the ability decrease the frequency of migraines/headaches when done correctly. Headache/migraine is one of the leading reasons for absence from work. SO, a spa day really could help you to be better at your job!
- – Massage can increase the amount of white blood cells in your system, boosting your immune system and helping to defend against infections.
- – A facial/facial massage can help refine pores, quench skin and slow the onset of wrinkles. So you’ll feel and look amazing.
- – FINALLY, massage releases serotonin (the happy hormone) so it’s great for your mental health, state of mind and mood. Chemically, you’ll just feel better after a massage. This is one of the main benefits of a spa day.
So go book yourself a spa day with some of your favourite people or just for yourself! Share this article with your friends so that everyone knows a visit to the spa isn’t just a treat, it’s an ESSENTIAL. With all these physical and mental benefits of a spa day, we don’t just deserve a spa day, we NEED a spa day.
[yikes-mailchimp form=”1″ submit=”Sign up for travel tips/stories/discounts in your inbox!”]